KK started Pre-K at C&K Children's House today. It is a Montessori school in Ramstein - a town not far from us. She was so excited to be going to school... we'll see how long the excitement lasts because I know this is a strict program. I also know she is going to learn so much and is ready to learn.
As many of you know, finding a spot for KK in a Pre-K program has not been easy. We have been on the waiting list for the CDC (Child Development Center - which is the DOD childcare and school system) basically since John got out here last winter. All that was available (and also hard to find) was in-home daycare, which is what we have been utilizing until now. It has been so incredibly frustrating that the military does not have enough childcare and schooling options available for the soldier's families that they bring out here, but now we see a little light at the end of this tunnel. She is actually going to get to learn something this year!!! The hours are still not ideal - 8:15-3 as this means I can't work until I find before and after school care, but I am happy that at least we have a spot for her for school.