Saturday, February 11, 2012

38-Weeks

I had my 38-week OB appointment yesterday; 3 cm dilated, 75% effaced, but he's still floating a little high (-2 station). It was good news compared to where I was with KK at this time. I asked the OB to estimate his weight and she decided to do an US. Always love ultrasounds... he's estimated to be about 7 lbs. And she did verify that it is a boy=) I also asked about induction - this last week or so has been rough - nausea has returned, dizzy all the time, and a migraine almost every day (this last one has lasted 2 days now). Sleeping is again an issue - insomnia and RUQ pain mean only a few hours each night which is probably why my migraines are so bad. Anyway, as far as induction, I am glad to say I see the same OB this next week and she is willing to make sure I'm still progressing and discuss inducing before 40 weeks. It would be nice to go into labor on my own before then, but I am glad to know I won't have to wait until 41 or 42 weeks as previously told.