Friday, March 4, 2011

Update on John in Germany

Here is a "view" picture of Germany John just sent me. He is doing well. He has been staying in temporary housing (a furnished 4 bedroom apartment) while looking for our house. He is also finally credentialed at the hospital and back in the OR as of this week. It sounds like he is really enjoying doing patient care again and has done well for the first few days on his own.

He found us a house a week ago and I know he is relieved that venture is over. We really had a long wish list and I think got close to what we wanted. Location was very important (although we didn't think we would get location). He was able to find us a 4 bed 3 and 1/2 bath townhouse in Landstuhl. It is the typical German townhouse w/ 4 stories (I know, the stairs, but I will have buns of steel!) The best part is being in Landstuhl, actually just a 5-10 min walk from the castle and about a 15 min walk from downtown. We will be just a 5 min or so drive to the hospital, which will be great for gas. He says the house is really nice w/ hardwood floors and marble stairs (sorry no pictures, I haven't even seen it!) And yes, it has a guest room for all of you I promised would have a place to stay when you come visit!

John has also recently bought us a car - a used audi, which he says is really nice. I just can't wait to get out there and see all the great things he is telling me about. Just 2 more months to go and we will all be together again!