I now understand the meaning of a bitter, sweet goodbye... It was really hard for me to say bye to my 68 today, and yet I knew how much Darian was going to love it.
For those who do not know, my Red 68 was a gift from my Grandfather. The fact that it was my very first car, and that my grandfather passed away several years ago, makes the car even more special. It was the car I was driving when I met John. In fact, he was driving his yellow 66. Today, I gave it to my niece Darian to be her first car. Despite the fact that it has been sitting for 10 years and needs repair, the look on her face was that of complete surprise and excitement. Her and her father have plans to get it running and fix it up. Given the fact that we are moving to Germany, I knew this was the best option. The car is going to get some much needed love and I can't wait for a ride once it is up and running.