Saturday, December 2, 2006

We're Pregnant!

I think by now, every one has been told.... We are having a baby! and we are so excited.

We found out we were pregnant by a positive EPT test on Friday, October 13th. This was the night we drove to Ft. Lewis, Washington for my first Army Drill. I can tell you it was a surprise for both of us and took time to process, especially with me just joining the reserves.

It has not been easy getting up for work or keeping food down, as the nausea is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I have hyperemesis and have already made 3 trips to the ED for fluids and the zofran and other tricks are not helping. I am down about 13 lbs. Not the weight loss technique I was looking for!

My first Ultrasound Picture is below. It was taken at our first ED visit on November 12th (after puking for 36 hrs straight). It was wonderful, though, to see our little blob and to see the heartbeat.